Cross Dock Team Leader – Derby
Lead and work alongside a team of cross dock personnel to ensure the provision of a professional incoming goods and despatch service to customers, encompassing both speed and accuracy. Support the distribution operation both physically and systematically.
Source and nature of management provided
Cross Dock Manager (Line Manager)
Staff management responsibility
Cross Dock Operatives
Access to own vehicle required owing to workplace location
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support aspects of the effective supervision, training & development and health, safety & welfare of the warehouse team.
- Provide a positive and encouraging atmosphere at all times to ensure all staff work to the best of their abilities.
- Be a point of contact and support for account managers with query resolution.
- Work with shift supervisors to plan and co-ordinate the incoming / despatch of goods in a timely and efficient manner to achieve your teams’ objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as determined by the Cross Dock Manager.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product and service within the department is maintained at the highest possible standards for the customer.
- Ensure quality procedures and team quality targets are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure paperwork is correct and recorded correctly.
- To ensure the safe loading/handling/unloading of all material.
- Implement the company’s Health and Safety Policy, ensuring safe working conditions and practices within the warehouse.
- Provide daily reports and checks.
- Ensure a sufficient handover is completed at the end of the shift.
- Ensure that all stock movements are conducted using RF scanners.
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health, Safety and Environmental regulations, the company handbook, Quality standards and all other company policies and procedures.
You will from time to time be required to undertake other duties of a similar nature as reasonably required by your line manager. You are required to follow all ATL policies and procedures at all times and take account of ATL guidance.
Criteria: Qualifications and Training
- Current Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence
- Qualified to GCSE Level in English or Maths (or equivalent)
- Qualification in Supervisory Management
Criteria: Knowledge and Experience
- Operational experience in a warehouse or cross dock environment.
- Experience of managing teams within tight quality and efficiency parameters.
- Team Leading experience within a warehouse or cross dock environment
- Experience of people and performance management.
Criteria: Skills and Aptitudes
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to positively question, challenge and improve upon existing processes
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Resilience with an ability to keep calm under pressure and continue to follow the correct processes even under difficult circumstances
- Willingness to build strong interpersonal relationships with team members and other departments
- Possess the ability to lead and motivate a team of people to succeed by utilising appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction
- Ability to sustain and develop team working and team based problem solving
Permanent, full time
- Working within a busy warehouse: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary education (Required)
Licence or certification:
- A valid counterbalance fork lift truck licence (Required)
Apply Now– download the application form and send it to
No recruiters please, unless you are on our approved supplier list.