Responsible for day to day account and customer communications to ensure the service provided to our customers is maintained to the highest standard and in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
Source and nature of management provided
Customer Service Team Leader
Group Customer Service Manager (Line Manager)
Staff Management Responsibility- NIL
Monday-Friday (40 hours- Timings TBD)
Access to own vehicle required owing to workplace location
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Health and safety responsibilities
4. Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health, Safety and Environmental regulations, the company handbook, Quality standards and all other company policies and procedures.
5. Ensure all processes are adhered to
6. Ensuring that all activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets (KPI’s)
7. Compile Daily reports (Delivery/ Status reports, stock reconciliation reports and variance reports.)
8. Collate daily delivery/ status reports and book returns.
9. Day to day running of customer accounts, responding to customer queries in an effective and timely manner
10. Processing of daily outbound and inbound freight movements through WMS and TMS systems.
11. Ensure all internal schedules are updated and communicated effectively throughout the business and relevant inbound information is provided to customers.
12. Ensure all freight movements are rated correctly to assist in the timely invoicing to customers for services provided.
13. Complete all administration tasks to the highest standards and in line with the customers SLA’s and internal processes.
14. Communicate effectively with other departments to ensure all deliveries and returns are made and any failures are reported to customer.
15. Report any failed deliveries or discrepancies in order to investigate and/ or rectify as required.
16. Ensure all paperwork is accurate and provided in a timely manner
17. Provide information and support where reoccurring stock issues occur to the inventory systems manager to help investigations and rectification
18. Provide information and support to the warehouse and inventory team through system variance reporting and physical stock takes.
19. Enter data for customer KPI’s for internal and external communication, collate, distribute and present KPI information as required.
20. Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health, Safety and Environmental regulations, the company handbook, quality standards and all other company policies and procedures.
You will from time to time be required to undertake other duties of a similar nature as reasonably required by your line manager. You are required to follow all ATL policies and procedures at all times and take account of ATL guidance
Criteria: Qualifications & Training
Qualified to GCSE Level in English and Maths (or equivalent)
Logistics or Business related degree
Criteria: Knowledge & Experience
Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems
Knowledge of Transport Management Systems
Customer Service experience within a transport or Warehouse environment
Account/ Contract management experience
Criteria: Skills and Aptitudes
Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, outlook and Power point
Ability to make decisions
Ability to question, challenge and improve upon existing processes
High level of honesty and integrity
Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
Resilience with an ability to keep calm under pressure and continue to follow the correct processes even under difficult circumstances
Willingness to build strong interpersonal relationships with team members and other departments
Desire to further a career within the transport and Distribution sector.