Ascott Transport Limited
Reporting to a main board Director with a dotted line responsibility to the Managing Director, the position of Financial Accountant is a new position within the business structure and sits alongside the position of Management Accountant.
The role of Financial Accountant is responsible for the following:
- Day to day management of all ledgers, cash flow, invoice finance facility, VAT and other regular taxation returns. Annual audit preparation and key interaction with auditors.
- Management of a team of 4 heads including Accounts Assistant, Credit Controller, Purchase Ledger Controller, payroll clerk.
- Timely preparation of the standard month end reporting pack for both internal and external reporting purposes.
This distinguishes from the role of the Management Accountant which will focus upon:
- Detailed analysis of the monthly profit and loss account from Sales to EBITA.
- Management reporting requirements concerning utilisation of labour and capital assets.
- Costing new workload and re-costing existing workload as required.
- Ad-hoc and focussed review and analysis of business issues that arise on a case by case basis.
The Financial Accountant role will report to a main board Director with dotted line responsibility to the Managing Director of the company. The Management Accountant role does exactly the opposite.
The Financial Accountant will ideally be the following:
- Highly capable of managing timely and accurate month end routines with a level of credibility and clear audit trail.
- Experienced in managing a small team of finance staff.
- Highly experienced in managing the day to day role within an Invoice Finance regime.
- Have demonstrable exposure to a service based industry where detail is clearly mandated.
- Have demonstrable experience in managing all standard taxation returns (VAT, payroll related).
The ideal candidate is likely to be a qualified accountant, but this is not mandatory. However, experience and capability are essential. The right person will hit the ground running.
If interested in this role please apply to email@example.com complete with you CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the above criteria and include your salary expectations.