To assist in the development, then lead and manage all commercial activities of the business.
To implement an innovative, growth focused commercial strategy, focusing on the areas of pursuit, scoping, proposal bid management and delivery.
To ensure that profitable business growth is accelerated and that commercial success is achieved.
Monday – Friday (45 Hours)
Timings Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:30pm
Access to own vehicle required owing to workplace location
1. Ensure all processes are adhered to by all managers and staff.
2. Analyse management reports in order to continuously improve processes and outcomes. Presenting to the Board as directed.
3. Collating and analysing business data pertinent to the business sought.
4. Ensuring that all commercial activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets (KPIs).
5. Monitor expenditure and make business cases for CAPEX and REVEX expenditure for the scope of logistics activities.
6. Assisting in developing then lead the implementation of the sales and marketing strategy for the business.
7. Acting as the main sales contact for prospective clients and the sales account owner for customers.
8. Understanding the value drivers of the business and identifying profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue.
9. Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the key customers and target audience to ensure their needs are being met.
10. Working closely with the Managing Director to manage the existing portfolio of key customers, thereby improving turnover and profitability.
11. Sourcing and developing qualified leads, converting these in to loyal customers.
12. Reviewing revenue and profit targets, predicting growth line initiatives.
13. Conducting quarterly business reviews with existing clients to ensure they are receiving high customer service to meet the business demands.
14. Undertake market research and analysis, producing business plans / recommendations (including all costs and forecasted revenue), to ensure that all business developments opportunities are optimised, winning new business to expand the company’s existing client base.
15. Assessing the risks to the business of any new commercial opportunities.
16. Ensuring that regular reviews are conducted with customers to ensure that their need are being met and excellent customer service is being achieved whilst developing future improvements for the customers.
17. Representing ATL externally, eg networking events, conferences, exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile whilst optimising all business development opportunities.
18. Collating and analysing business data pertinent to all commercial activities.
You will from time to time be required to undertake other duties of a similar nature as reasonably required by your line manager.
Permanent, full time
Sales: 2 years
Full UK Driving Licence
No recruiters please, unless you are on our approved supplier list.