Transport Shift Manager- Derby
Are you a motivated, organised individual seeking a challenging yet rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced ever evolving environment? If you are looking for an immediate change, including personal and professional development, and you are ready to make positive changes we would like to talk.
ATL is an independent Logistics Service Provider offering a range of warehousing and transportation services throughout the United Kingdom with our headquarters being based in Foston, Derbyshire, which is also the location for this exciting role. As a growing company we are investing heavily in our people and systems to assist us in managing the growth more efficiently and effectively.
As part of the business strategy ATL is looking to recruit for an additional role, that being a high achieving Transport Shift Manager with the role reporting directly to the Head of Distribution.
This is an exciting time to be joining ATL where the Transport Shift Manager will be responsible for the development of their team and the implementation of robust processes to ensure success for all. This role would suite a proven transport orientated shift manager looking to have a direct impact on the development of their team, department and business customers.
To manage and control the performance of the transport planning operation ensuring continuous improvement in processes and procedures. Additionally ensuring that the department functions within the approved financial boundaries but also ensuring that P&L is fully tracked and maintained. This role does include line management responsibility of up to 10 staff.
- Continuously review planning operations to reduce operating costs, improving earnings per mile, driver cost per mile, mpg and all areas which result positively to operating profit.
- Ensure all activities within the department fully safeguard the legal requirements of vehicle and driver compliance.
- Lead the daily planning of company’s freight and third party resources, ensuring that all vehicles and drivers are fully utilised.
- Utilising each transport function in an efficient manner to reduce cross over between vehicles.
- Be an enthusiastic, self-motivated, adaptable leader responsible for leading a team of operators to plan distribution requirements against SLAs and KPIs in an efficient cost conscious manner, with the ability to identify opportunities to add value, collaborating with peers both internally and externally.
- Creative thinking, ensuring all customers’ expectations are being reached on a daily basis.
- Negotiate rate schedules with third party haulage suppliers.
- Agree and authorise charges to / with customers for ad-hoc work required.
- Ensuring great relations and communications with the wider team members and responding politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers.
To be successful in this role we have the following essential requirements:
- Will have or be working towards a Certificate in Management Studies or equivalent, including demonstrable experience of people management through the full employee lifecycle.
- International CPC Qualification
- Effectively managed and developed a team within a similar environment, with experience of a fleet size in excess of 90 large vehicles.
- Proven and demonstrable experience in strategic & tactical planning.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing a distribution development / improvement plan to address future requirements of the shift and wider department.
- Strong leadership qualities coupled with exposure to transformational change projects.
- Ability to understand, interpret and use both quantitative and qualitative data in a manner that shows added value to the operation.
- Ability to appropriately question, challenge and improve upon existing processes.
- Justifiable self-confidence with the ability to deal with logistics professionals at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Willingness to build strong interpersonal relationships with team members and other departments.
- Gravitas, with the ability to build strong external relationships to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile.
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply ensuring that a full and up to date CV of no more than 2 pages is attached with your covering letter, complete with your salary expectations. We look forward from hearing from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Demonstrable Line Management: 1 year (Required)
- GCSE or equivalent (Required)
- Derby, Derbyshire (Preferred)
- Driving License (Required)
- International CPC Qualification (Required)
- Fluent English (Required)