We are looking to recruit a Warehouse Manager at Wisbech, reporting to Contract Manager and Head of Warehousing. Responsible for the day to day management of the people in the warehouse operation to ensure the company’s targets and are met to meet the customer requirements. The role requires a keen eye for detail and the ability to communicate at all levels. You must be a team player, with the ability to build relationships with colleagues and clients alike. As the role will require you to work to strict deadlines, you must be able to work under pressure, balancing demands from many parts of the business and prioritising your workload.
Staff management responsibility – All Wisbech Warehouse Staff.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide a positive and encouraging atmosphere an encouraging atmosphere at all times to ensue all staff work to the best of their abilities.
- Uphold corporate values. Responsible for providing a positive and encouraging atmosphere at all times to ensure all staff work to the best of their abilities.
- Conduct regular meetings/ reviews including probation assessments and return to work interviews.
- Working with all members of staff to maintain and develop a positive progressive culture within the business.
- Manage all aspects of effective management and supervision, training and development and employee relations of the wider team.
- Train, develop and motivate the warehouse team along with the shift Team Leaders.
- Conduct weekly meetings with subordinates to include the dissemination of Company messages through departmental managers.
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health, Safety and Environmental regulations, the company handbook, quality standards and all other company policies and procedures.
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with the companies Quality Policy Document and its objectives of delivering a profitable and unrivalled quality service admired by competitors.
- Responsible for the effective management and supervision of health, safety and welfare for the wider.
- Work with the customer in order to understand their requirements/issues and help to drive business improvements across the warehouse operation.
- Develop an understanding of the product requirements and different warehouse operational areas.
- Monitor and supervise staff productivity and accuracy, take action as required.
- Report on accuracy and productivity performance to the wider ATL Operations Team.
- Work with the Warehouse Team Leaders to ensure H&S Management best practice is applied and any issues or incidents are reported in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Support the team to ensure stock records are kept accurate and up to date.
- Ensure Warehouse Operational activities are conducted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work alongside the Transport Supervisor to plan the day’s work and ensure all is in place to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Regularly report on operational progress to the rest of the team and to the customer.
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to the changing needs of the operation to ensure adequate cover is in place at all times.
- Analysing data and customer KPIS to monitor performance and plan improvements.
- Support the personal development of all people employed on the contract. Carry out performance reviews with the operational management team identifying training needs.
- Create a positive working environment with a culture of continuous improvement and exceeding customer expectations.
- Be responsible for recruitment, training and retention.
You will from time to time be required to undertake other duties of a similar nature as reasonably required by your line manager. You are required to follow all ATL policies and procedures at all times and take account of ATL guidance.
Qualifications and Training. Essential:
Qualified to GCSE Level in English and Maths (or equivalent)
Knowledge and Experience. Essential:
- Ability to manage and lead people.
- Experience of working within the warehousing industry.
- Good IT skills and experience in Warehouse Management Systems.
Skills and Aptitudes. Essential:
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Ability to appropriately question, challenge and improve upon existing processes.
- High level of honesty and integrity.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Resilience with an ability to keep calm under pressure and continue to follow the correct processes even under difficult circumstances.
- Willingness to build strong interpersonal relationships with team members and other departments.
- Desire to continuously develop and improve service quality.
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of business needs, by prioritising activity and resource.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Working hours: Monday – Friday (45 Hours). Timings flexible to the needs of the business. Owing to location of workplace access to a vehicle will be required.
If interested in this role please apply to email@example.com complete with you CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the above criteria and include your salary expectations.